If I merely stand and point and speak of this Wonderful Savior I have. Then I have done well.
If I light a lamp to illumine the way for others to walk by how much i love Him, I have done well.
If I ask forgiveness when I am wrong, admit my faults and failings so others will see that I know I need a savior, then I have done well.
“And he (John the baptist) looked at Jesus as He walked, and said,
‘Behold the Lamb of God!’
The two disciples (of John) heard him speak, and they followed Jesus
Jesus looked around and saw them following and asked the, ‘What do you seek?
They replied, ‘Rabbi, where are You staying.’
Jesus answered them, ‘Come and See!.”
*Jesus, I pray i will have this kind of impact on people. May they hear me speak, “Behold the Lamb of God,” and may they turn and follow You, Jesus.
I see in this passage a Pattern for discipleship
1) I look to Jesus and He walks in His Word and in my life
2) I declare to others, “Behold the Lamb of God”
3) They will hear Jesus for themselves and follow Him
4)Jesus will ask them what they seek
5) He will invite them to Come and See
6) They will follow and stay with Jesus
keep it simple